What is The Prosperity Game?
The Prosperity Game is a manifestation technique that was introduced by Abraham Hicks. In the game, players receive a certain amount of imaginary money each day to spend.
What is the Point of The Prosperity Game?
The Prosperity Game is a great dream-building exercise! It allows us to be playful with money, which I think is a really fun energy to be in.
Sometimes the game can become triggering (i.e., not fun and playful). If this happens, it is best to step back, explore the triggers and work through them. In this way, The Prosperity Game can be very helpful for personal growth.
By doing this dream-building and working through the triggers that may come up, this game expands your perception of what is possible. This often expands your capacity and willingness to receive.
The game also helps you gain clarity on what you really want. You may find this to be in conflict with what you think you should want or what you have been told you should want. This aspect allows for even more personal exploration and growth.
How We Will Play The Prosperity Game
- Players will receive $500 to spend on Day 1 and $2 million to spend on Day 31. In the original game, players received $1,000 on Day 1, $2,000 on Day 2, $3,000 on Day 3, and so on. I set it up the way I did so players could see what it feels like to spend larger amounts of money.
- Players must spend all the money they receive each day. Actions like putting the money into a savings account or retirement account or putting it on a pre-paid card for later use do not fit in with the spirit of the game.
- Players will track their purchases each day using the Excel spreadsheet I provide or a banking app. I like one called CheckBook because it allows you to have multiple accounts. I use CheckBook for my personal finances as well.
- You can be as general or specific as you would like with your purchases. However, players should have a good idea of how much things cost. For example, how much do those flying lessons really cost?
- We are playing the game as a group. The reason behind this is one person’s ideas may spark ideas for someone else. Each day, you will be asked to post your purchases to the Facebook group.
- Optional: You may want to gather pictures of the things you want and create a vision board. One way I love to do this is through Pinterest. Please feel free to share your Pinterest boards or vision boards in the group.
My Past Experiences with Playing The Prosperity Game
I have played The Prosperity Game twice in the past, and it was a really positive experience for me. That’s why I am excited to share it with other people. One of my first thoughts was that it was silly to spend fake money. I was able to release that thought because I was in a group of other people who were supportive and doing the same thing. At that time in my life, I also realized that I did not have everything I wanted. It became clear to me that if I wanted my life to change, I needed to be willing to try some new things.
I received all of the benefits explained in the section above. I became more open to receiving. This was one of the first times in my life where I started to see how giving and receiving was on a spectrum. As I started to receive more, I started to give even more. It ended up becoming a beautiful cycle.
I found that spending the lower amounts was easy. As I reached the middle of the game, and especially the last 10 days of the game, it felt a lot harder. I found it interesting that it could be difficult to spend money.
Another thing I noticed is that some of the things I wanted were not as expensive as I perceived them to be. Playing the game also seemed to increase my ability to figure out how to get what wanted. I was willing to become more creative to get what I really wanted.
These are some of the powerful insights I had while playing. I look forward to sharing the experience with you and seeing what kinds of insights you have.
Come Join Us!
If this sounds like fun to you, please click on the link below to join the Facebook group. We will begin The Prosperity Game on August 1, 2023. If you have questions about the game, please email me at email@example.com.I Want to Play!